My Key Priorities for West Sligo
- The health and well-being of the people of West Sligo is one of my foremost priorities, and I will fight to maintain and improve the local and regional health services for the area.
- I will continue to work closely with the Border Region farming community through these difficult farming times and help to identify and address their needs as they arise.
- It is imperative that services in Rural Ireland are maintained, we need our Post Offices, we need our rural transport services and we need more crime prevention measures implemented. I will strive to see that these services are preserved in West Sligo.
- Infrastructural Services are vital for West Sligo, I will continue to highlight the importance of improved broadband and telecommunications services, the roads network and rural transport services linking Ballina to Sligo at local and national government levels.
- Being along the Wild Atlantic Way, I understand the importance of tourism to the entire County of Sligo and indeed the North West. Our heritage, monument structures and natural amenities need to be maintained. I will support and advocate for increased funding for tourism and community-based projects and initiatives that promote tourism and develop
these particular areas.